I gleaned this from Facebook, from Dianna Haught’s page. She, apparently got it from a friend of hers named John Kane, who found it and reposted it. It tickled me to no end, so I asked permission to repost it. Enjoy!
Dianna Haught: A friend sent me a set of rules I wrote for myself a few years ago. I think they are as applicable today as when I wrote them:
1. Leftover Gingerbread cookies are NOT lunch.
2. Worrying over something until your head explodes doesn’t get it done any sooner and it’s a bitch to scrape brains off the ceiling.
3. Nothing goes better when helped by a cat.
4. No one can work on 2 computers in 2 different rooms simultaneously no matter how hard they try. See rule 2.
5. Tomorrow is today. It came. Deal with it.
6. Anything that gives me indigestion is no longer fun.
7. Bryan will never, ever be on the same schedule or apply to the same priority to stuff as me. See rule 2.
8. If I don’t take the monster pavilion out and get 6 brawny guys to set it up, it will rain. If I do, the menfolk will complain.
9. Leftover Gingerbread cookies are NOT dinner either.
10. There is no point in making things look easy because then people won’t know how much work you put into it.
11. Let people help. See rule 2.
12. I don’t have to be perfect. I don’t have to perfect. I don’t have to be perfect. Please chant with me.
13. Just say “no”. It is possible to volunteer for too many things in one day